- Name: Bo Simonsen
- Birthday: 01-02-1983
- Citizenship: Danish
- Location: Næstved, Denmark
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://bo.geekworld.dk
- Danish: Native
- English: Fluent in oral and written communication
- Swedish: Good skills for understanding, speaks and partially writes.
- German: Good skills for understanding.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (cand.scient), University of Copenhagen, 2009.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Southern Denmark, 2007.
- Datamatiker, Handelsskolen Sjælland Syd, 2004.
- High School Exam (math line), Næstved Gymnasium, 2002.
- Public school Exam, Møllevangsskolen Rønnede, 1999.
- Software Developer, Headnet ApS, November 2017 -.
- Senior Backend Developer, Kopano B.V., October 2017 –.
- Software Developer, Cube-IO ApS, June 2017 - September 2017.
- Senior Backend Developer, Kopano B.V., November 2016 – May 2017.
- Senior Software Developer, j2 Global (Comendo A/S), April 2016 – October 2016
- DevOps Engineer, Better Collective, June 2015 – March 2016.
- Software Developer, Headnet ApS, November 2011- May 2015.
- Software Developer, Avior A/S, 2009-2011.
- IT Consultant, Bigum CMS, 2009.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Copenhagen, 2009.
Basic knowledge of programming in Java, Perl, Haskell, C#, and x86 assembler.
Basic experience with programming language design, implementing protocols and compilers.
Around two years of experience developing web applications using Django and Pyramid. I have also experience developing web applications using Flask and Tornado. Integration with various systems, for example, Apache solr/Elasticsearch, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Microsoft CRM. Furthermore deep knowledge of relational databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL. Experience in integration with SaaS (Software as a Service), including Facebook and Mailchimp.
Around one year of experience in customizing WordPress sites and developing extensions in PHP. Further experience with MODX CMS.
Around one year of experience developing web-applications using node.js, Express, jade, grunt, and bower. Front-end development using angular.js, less/sass.
Software development in general
Good knowledge of Analysis and Design (in particular Object Oriented) and Design Patterns.
Experiences on estimation using various methods.
Experiences in technical quality assurance related to IT off-shoring.
Basic project management skills.
Networking and infrastructure
Expert knowledge of system administration of UNIX systems including Linux (mainly Debian-based distributions but also Red Hat/SUSE based) and *BSD (FreeBSD and OpenBSD).
Expert in performance optimizing websites using Varnish, including integrations to several different CMS systems. In-depth knowledge of AppNeta tracelytics for full-stack performance optimizations. Basic knowledge on using NewRelic.
Expert in securing UNIX systems and in particular PHP-based websites, for example, WordPress sites.
Knowledge of configuration of various servers, for example, nginx and apache. Also experience with mail servers including Postfix and Courier IMAP. In-depth knowledge of provisioning servers using Chef.
In-depth knowledge of cloud solutions like AWS and Rackspace cloud; in particular AWS including: EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CodeDeploy, OpsWorks.
Selected publications and projects
- Contributed to kopanocore (professionally, initially on hobby basis)
- Author of the following Plone packages:
- Contributed to the following Plone packages:
- Plone core (various packages)
Jyrki Katajainen and Bo Simonsen, Adaptable component frameworks: Using vector from the C++ standard library as an example. In Proceedings of the 2009 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Generic Programming, ACM (2009), 13-24.
- Open-source advocate.
- openSUSE member, former Plone Core Developer.
- Spare time interest in history, music and movies, cooking. A big passion for flying glider aircrafts.
Nominated for DSfD’s award “Master’s Thesis of the Year in Computer Science” in 2009 (In Danish: Dansk Selskab for Datalogis specialepris). ↩